West FluroTec® barrier films protect drugs by forming a barrier that minimizes interaction between the drug and the closure while maintaining the integrity of the container closure. Additionally, the fluoropolymer film reduces absorption of the drug product, an important benefit to the so-called shelf life of most drugs. The West FluroTec® film is applied during the molding process and is compatible with complex shaped closures typically required for dry powder and lyophilized applications.
FluroTec ® components are:
- Produced globally
- Created during the molding process to conform with complex-shaped closures
- Available in a wide range of designs of stoppers and plungers
FluroTec ® components can:
- Protect sensitive drugs
- Improve the shelf life a packaged drug
- Reduce visible and subvisible particulates
- Improve compatibility of the closure and the drug
Would you like to learn more about West Pharmaceutical Services products or do you have any questions? Do you need an individual offer or information about ordering, delivery and payment conditions? Contact us by phone, email or live chat.